Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pre-Workout Dread

The pre-workout dread is something I go through just about every day.  This may be true for most people, or people who doesn't workout on a regular basis, or maybe it's just me.

What do I mean by "pre-workout dread"?  It's this sinking feeling that I get when I think about the workout I have to do for the day.  I mean sure, if the workout is easy like just lifting a weight a few times, or running a few laps, or swimming for a few minutes, I don't get that feeling.  But when the workout is hard (like Insanity or P90X), I know I'm in for some pain and discomfort.  I don't particularly enjoy pain or discomfort.

I don't really know a way to get rid of that feeling, but to go ahead and force myself to start the workout.  Once started, the minutes ticks by and before I know it, the time's up and I'm done.  After the workout, I feel great!  Like I just wrestled with a bear and won.  It was hard and I had to push myself every inch of the way and I emerged victorious.  The workout is done for the day and I don't have to worry about it till tomorrow.

I thought that it would get easier as time progressed.  But it doesn't.  The only thing that helps me push myself is knowing that I've successfully completed the workout before, and if I've done it before, I can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment