Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hip Hop Abs Days 1-3

Weight loss the dreaded word that many of us fears. Only if we can lose our weight and get the "Hip Hop Abs" in a blink of an eye, but hey this is reality. I recently came across a weight loss program which claims that they will allow you to lose 3 inches off your waist the first week. On top of that you actually get to learn how to "dance" as well.

It's been a while that I started to think that I need to start losing some weight. However, with my busy time schedule I was burned out to do anything by the end of the day. I needed some motivation. I needed something fun and something to keep me active. So, I came across the "Hip Hop Abs".

At first I thought it was a hoax and didn't think twice about it until someone had recommended it to me saying that it actually worked for them. Immediately I went online and researched on this so called "Hip Hop Abs". Apparently, this workout is supposed to give you a "Hip Hop Abs" without doing any sit ups or crunchies. After a few days of researching and the feedbacks which I've read, I decided to give a go.

So below is my experience and what I have gone through thus far.



Day 1 - Fat Burning Cardio

I pop in the CD with excitement and hoping that this will be a turning point for me and my weight loss and also the thought of having a six pack after my first work out. The music starts and I see Shaun T rapping some lame song about Hip Hop Abs(which actually discouraged me when I heard it).

Throughout the video Shaun T teaches you step by step on what you should do. At first I was very rigid and didn't quite know what to do. As time progressed I became more fluid and it was easier going through the motions. One thing that you guys should keep in mind is that you should at all times squeeze your core even though you aren't doing anything.

So basically my first session went by just like that. There was nothing hard about this, but I started to sweat a lot.


Day 2 - Fat Burning Cardio / Last Minute Abs

When I woke up I expected my abs to be tight and to feel some soreness, but after moving around a bit I felt completely fine. I don't know if this is a placebo effect, but throughout the day when I would put some strength into my abs, it would feel kind of tight.

So I go home after work and look at the schedule of what I am supposed to do. I check the calendar and it wants me to the Fat Burning Cardio again. I go through all the motions except this time I my movement felt more fluid from the start and seemed easier to go through than the previous day.

I then started this workout from Hip Hop Abs called the "Last Minute Abs". This is approx. 6 minutes long and with a lot faster movements. Still nothing too special besides your legs being sore from lifting it so many times.


Day 3 - Ab Sculpt / Last Minute Abs

Now, on the third day I woke up thinking I did the Last Minute Abs yesterday and I will feel sore. I get up and do my thing as usual and I feel no soreness. I'm here scratching my head thinking, " Am I doing something wrong here?".

Anyways, I get home later during the day from work and check my schedule again. This time it told me to do "Ab Sculpt". For the first 3/4 of the workout it was almost similar to the "Fat Burning Cardio" workout. I got through the motion and told myself that this is a piece of cake.

Then out of nowhere Shaun T pulls out a floor mat and gets on it. I was there thinking to myself "Wait a minute, I thought there was no sit ups or crunchies?!?!", but we started to do some other exercises like twisting with your body in a halfway sit up position or bringing in your legs and twisting your body. This actually got my abs to burn and it felt good.

After the first workout finished I went on to the Last Minute Abs and finished it up.


----------

So far I do not feel any gain or weight loss from Hip Hop Abs, but was only 3 days of workout. We'll see where this takes me and give you guys an update of where I'm standing tomorrow. Bye now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on my 3rd day now and i feel nothing do you think I'm doing something wrong

    ReplyDelete