Monday, September 13, 2010

Insanity Workout - Fit Test #2

Every 2 weeks or so, you do the Fit Test again to see how you are progressing.  I've just finished my 2nd Fit Test, and to be honest, I was a bit nervous going in.  The past week, I've felt fatigued and near the end of the week, I wasn't sure if my stamina was worser than the previous week.  If you want to see the results for my first Fit Test, it's in my Insanity Workout Week 1 post.

Here's the results for the 2nd Fit Test:


1. Switch Kicks  63
2. Power Jacks  50
3. Power Knees  54
4. Power Jumps 21
5. Globe Jumps 7
6. Suicide Jumps 11
7. Push-Up Jacks 17
8. Low Plank Oblique 21

I was quite surprised by my results.  As you can see, I've made a significant improvement over the last Fit Test, and it's only been 2 weeks.  I think that it's a good amount of improvement... almost too good.  I thought about what other factors, besides physical improvements, there could be to create such a large improvement.  I've narrowed it down to a few that I think are distinct possibilities.

  • Reason #1: To quote an uphill cyclist I've talked to once, "It never gets easier, you just get faster."  After doing the workouts for the past 2 weeks, I've grown to tolerate and push through some of the "pain" and just crank out more reps.
  • Reason #2: My body became adapted to the workouts so it performs them more efficiently, thus using less energy per action.
  • Reason #3: It could be environmental.  I may have had done the first test when I was tired or the weather was hotter, etc...  (Although I think that it was near the same conditions, because I didn't think about it, I can't say for sure.)
With that said, it's nice to see that I am in fact improving.  The next Fit Test won't be until the beginning of the 2nd half of the workout.  From there on, it will be a tough challenge.  One thing that I am always worried about it whether or not I'm maintaining proper posture.  I think that I am, but as I do these workouts quickly, and fatigue sets in, I'm sure there are more than a few in there that's quite a bit sloppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment