Saturday, September 18, 2010

Insanity In Depth: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

To start the article off... a mini-rant.  I really did not want to work out today.  I only had 4 hours of sleep (woke up middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep) and I've been fairly busy the whole day.  I only had 1 meal till about 7pm and it was a new burger from Carl's Jr.  After trying to eat healthy for a while, suddenly stuffing myself with junk food did not agree with my stomach and made the situation worse.  When I finally came home, I fell asleep for about an hour.  A BIG mistake.  I woke up feeling groggy and an upset stomach.  Instead of trying to force down food, I made a smoothie with some protein.  That did the trick in knocking out the funk.

I finally forced myself to get started on today's workout around 8pm.  I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing but... you should try your best not to miss a day of workout.  Miss it once and it becomes easier and easier to miss it the next time around.

I'm glad that I forced myself to workout.  Today was the day that I really broke through that barrier I've been feeling all week.  The warm up came easier and it was actually left me feeling warmed up instead of feeling exhausted. After the warm up, stretching follows naturally.

The following exercises: Suicide Jumps, Power Squats, Mountain Climbers and Ski Jumps came more easily and fluidly for the first two intervals.  By the third, I was starting to feel it, but I could tell that I still had more energy to use than I did before.  The last set ended with Switch Feet, then Football Wide Sprints.

Basketball, Level 1 Drills, Ski Abs, and In Out Abs followed afterwards.  Phew... this is tough.  I'm getting very tired by the first cycle, and the 2nd was torture.  On the 3rd, I had to take rests.  I just didn't have the energy to make my legs and arms bend anymore with proper posture.  Still, this was a lot later in the workout where I had to take a rest than before.  You finish the last interval with Jabs, Cross Jacks (which looks like doing jumping jacks with only one side of the body at a time), Uppercuts, and Attack (which looks like bunch of Sumo slaps).

I couldn't finish the last portion properly because I was getting some discomfort from the left side of my hips.  I never had that feeling before, so I took it a little bit easy.  I finished it up with a nice stretch and took a well deserved shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment