Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Insanity Workout - Core Cardio & Balance Review

It's the second day of my Recovery Week.  

I woke up today with some muscle soreness which is a bit surprising.  My quads were pretty sore (which isn't anything new) and the lower side back muscles were sore.  I found the Core Cardio & Balance (CCB) workout to be a lot more relaxed than the previous workouts so I thought that, as far as muscle soreness goes, I wold cruise through this week.  I guess the workout targets new groups of muscles that the previous workouts haven't really worked out.

As far as CCB goes, like many of the other workout, there are similar/overlapping exercises, but there are also several new ones which is nice since it brings a breath of fresh air to the whole thing.  If I had to describe CCB shortly, I would say that it's an interesting mix of Pure Cardio + Cardio Recover - Intensity.  But just because I worte '- Intensity' does not mean that CCB is a cakewalk.  Oh no.  

You will still be sweating, breathing hard, and having a hard time keeping up.  What I mean by '- Intensity' is that it goes at a bit more relaxed pace.  Shaun T isn't quite as intent on switching to the next exercise as fast as humanly possible.

I was a bit worried that Core Cardio & Balance would be a cakewalk, setting me back a bit from the first month of exercises, but now I see that it was silly for me to have worried at all.  Seeing how the workout goes and feeling what I do before and after the workout, I would say this Recovery Week is pretty important.

P.S. I decided to just make my CCB review, a general review instead of the whole In-Depth/Brief thing.  For one thing, I am going to be doing this workout 6 times this week and the whole depth/brief thing seems to cause me to overlap what I've mentioned before.  I'll see how I feel about doing it this way and go on from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment