Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Insanity Workout - Tip #1

Well... here's that post about I said I was going to write on the previous post.

I went into today's workout very fatigued, which resulted in me cramping partway through the workout and just not having the level of energy that I expected.  The cause of this is no doubt due to spending all night out. The lack of proper rest translated into an inadequate recovery.   I knew that there would be some consequences, but I didn't quite expect it to be such a pain in the ass (literally).  Seriously... a cramp to the gluteus maximus?

I also suspect that I may not have been properly hydrated for the workout.  I only tend to drink water during workouts and meals.  I'm probably on the low side of hydration, and drinking the night prior probably did not help that condition any.

So in short:

  • Make sure to get proper amount of sleep in order to recover properly.  A proper recovery is essential in particular for workouts like Insanity which uses a lot of the same muscles groups everyday.
  • Make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment