Sunday, September 5, 2010

Insanity Challenge

After years of being a couch potato and only giving a half-hearted effort at working out, I finally decided that I gotta do something about it.  I was taking too much advantage of my (fairly impressive) metabolism.  I tried various workouts here and there, but had a hard time committing to it all the way through.  Then a friend of mine mentioned that he decided to start a workout called Insanity to prepare himself for PT (he was joining the military).

I looked into it and found out that it was only for 60 days, doesn't require equipment, and concentrated on cardio.  I thought to myself, 'Hmmm...  Only 60 days.  I think I can manage that.  And no equipment necessary? Bonus points!'  Plus, I really needed to increase my cardio strength.  Not having done any real aerobic workout for the past 8 years or so really did a number on me.

Here is basically what I know about Insanity Workout.  The trainer on the DVD's is Shaun T and the workout is marked as a total-body conditioning program on their website.  The workout consists of plyometric drill intervals with very short rest periods in between.

Here are my goals:

  1. Lower body fat to about 8% (the magical number).
  2. Increase cardiovascular strength.
  3. Increase general physical stamina and endurance.
I will continue to post regular updates as to my progress and my general thoughts on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment