Friday, September 17, 2010

Insanity In Depth: Cardio Power and Resistance

First, before I get into the workout, I feel I should note something.  Every day when I do these workouts, I think to myself, "Alright, I've done this for a while.  I think I'm getting stronger.  It should be easier this time around."  And after every workout, I'm sitting there exhausted, and strangely enough, the workout felt harder than before.  To be honest, I'm alright with that.  As I get stronger, I would naturally be putting in more reps per exercises, so I'm doing more in a give time period.  Insanity is the type of workout that should never get easy enough for people to coast through.  Show me a person who thinks that they're strong enough to coast through it and I'll show you a person who isn't trying.  With that said, on to the main article.

Cardio Power and Resistance (CPR) like most of the other workouts starts off with a warm up.  CPR's warm up includes a lot of jumping exercises and this helps to prep your thighs.    Then comes the stretch.

After the stretch, you start with Power Jumps.  Whew, good thing you warmed up your legs sufficiently for this huh?  Then the Belt Kicks are next.  This exercise is not too bad.  Right after that, you do Hit The Floor.  Very cardio, but so far so good.  Then I do the V-Push ups.  I can't quite get my legs straight as in the video so I do it bent a bit.  It works out your shoulders nicely. 

After a 30 sec break, you do it again.  By now, I'm really starting to feel it.  Those jumping motions are tough.    The important part of these exercises is to go at your own pace.  But what you have to worry about is whether or not you're pushing yourself sufficiently.  Another 30 sec break follow, then the last rotation for this set follows.  Remember, each time around, you should push yourself harder and harder.

After the last V-Push Ups, you do Tricep Dips.  I wish there was more motion involved with this portion, but even the small amount is enough to make my triceps burn.  Then you switch to one legged tricep dips.  I like this portion because my triceps were always a weak point.  Then after a short rest, you go into Tricep Ball Push Ups.  It looks easy because you can use your legs to support you a bit, but trust me, it's still pretty tough.

Hurdle Jumps are next.  I do this portion alright, but I think that I may not be jumping as high as I should.  Right after this, you do Globe Jumps.  You know what that is.  Moving Push Ups are next and it's surprisingly hard.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm tired or it's the movement portion, but I find it a lot harder than regular push ups.  Then from that position I move to Floor Sprints.  I find that I end up rounding my back instead of keeping it flat.  That's bad posture probably due to my now weakening core.

Now there's 1 exercise left.  The 8 Squat Hops and 8 Push Ups.  A very nice way to finish strong.  All that's left is the stretch.

Afterwards, I added pull ups.  I miss doing pull ups and it's a great way to increase back muscles and further workout triceps.  For those of you that wants to do pull ups, I suggest that you add it during Cardio Power and Resistance.  CPR has the most upper body exercises of all the workouts for the first month.  This allows you to add pull ups very smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment