Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Insanity Workout - Tip #2 - Jumping

Ugh...  Day 17 of the workout.  My muscles were pretty stiff from yesterday's workout.  The Plyometric Circuit was pretty tough.  The nice thing about Insanity workout is that the more fit you get, the more you end up doing in each workout, so every workout should be a challenge.  I've briefly wrote about each workout for the first half of the program, but now that I've done that, I wasn't sure what to write about anymore. So I thought about it and decided to write the second set of tips for those of you that wants to try the Insanity workout.

Tips on jumping:

  • When jumping, make sure to start the jump from the lowest point.  Basically what I mean by this is, don't make it a 2 part action.  Once I start getting tired, I noticed that I have the tendency to stand, then jump, instead of just jumping from the beginning.  It might not look like it would make a lot of difference, but it does, and your legs will feel it.
  • When landing, try to land softly.  This is pretty much common sense, but I think that people may put it low on their list of priorities when in middle of the workout.  Landing stiff and hard is harsh on the joints.  Try to cushion as much of the shock by keeping your joints flexible and bend/crouch into the landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment