Saturday, September 25, 2010

Insanity Workout - Day 27

Whew!  I burned myself today.  I went all out right from the get go, and you know what?  I didn't do half bad if I say so myself.  I tried my best to keep up with everyone in the DVD and for the most part, I succeeded.  By the time I was done with the warm up, I was already starting to pour out sweat, but physically I felt good.  I was the most worried about this point because if I started to feel wiped out from the warm up, I knew I would be in trouble.
I kept up strongly for about two thirds of the workout.  On a side note, I was gulping down water for a lot of the breaks.  I know that I should have sipped it and kept the water intake moderate, but that water flowed so sweetly the moment it touched my lips.  By the time I came upon the last third of the workout, I ran out of juice.  It wasn't completely unexpected.  I usually run out of juice by that time.

I pushed myself as much as I could go.  Even with the gas running on empty, I managed to go through the first interval of the last set strongly.  But it was impossible for the last two intervals.  I had to take breaks and once I've felt that I've recovered a bit, squeeze out a few more movements.  I went until my body just wouldn't listen to me. Till my arms couldn't lift my body and my legs wouldn't lift off the ground.  Then the next thing I know, it was time for the stretch and I cooled myself to the end.  

I learned a few things here.  I got a better grasp of my limits and just how much further I can push myself.  I also realized just how far I've come since that first day.  It's nice that the last exercise of the first stage is the same as the first exercise.  

Couple of things to note.  I've got be honest, I came pretty close to yakking doing it this way.  I'm sure gulping down water definitely contributed towards it, but I don't think that was the major reason.  Really pushing yourself, especially when you're doing cardio, you have to be ready for it.   Also, my condition was really good today.  Otherwise, I know that I wouldn't have come anywhere close to what I did today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment