Monday, September 20, 2010

Insanity In Depth: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs

I couldn't give my all today.  I got exhausted a lot earlier than I was expecting and didn't pace myself to match that.  I normally sweat a lot when doing any Insanity workout, and Pure Cardio should have had me sweating buckets.  However, I noticed that I was sweating nowhere near the amount the I would normally sweat.  My guess is, I started this workout when my body was a bit dehydrated and I ended up suffering for that.

Pure Cardio:
I started feeling tired by the beginning of the third round of warm up.  I knew then that today's workout was not going according to plan.  I really start sweating when I'm doing my beginning stretch, but it was here that I noticed that I wasn't raining sweat.  Uh oh...

I start off with Suicide Drills, then Switch Kicks, Wide Football Sprints, Stance Jacks, Pedal, Hooks and Jump Rope, Power Jacks, Level 2 Drills, Frog Jumps, Power Knees, Mountain Climbers, Ski Down, Scissor Runs, Suicide Jumps, and finally Push Up Jacks.  All of these should be done without rest... but no way that was happening today.  I had to take multiple rests throughout the workout.  I tried to minimize them by only resting about a second or so, but I was still disappointed with my performance today.

You finish this off with a cool down stretch, then you go into Cardio Abs.

Cardio Abs:
I know, you could probably skip the cool down stretch from Pure Cardio and the warm up exercise in Cardio Abs, but that seems like an excuse for laziness.  Plus, the warm up exercise in Cardio Abs specifically targets your core so it seemed like a good warm up to do (despite already being warmed up).

Cardio Abs' actual workout starts with Wide Tucks Jumps.  The problems that I have with these high jump exercises are my legs not being strong enough to keep up and landing more harshly than I should be.  After the jumps, we get into C-Sit Position.

Cardio Abs don't have sit ups and crunches, so the exercises done in the C-Sit Position is important.  Twists in the the C-Sit works your abs nicely and you can feel it being used.  Very nice.  Next is Twists w/ Knee.  This is a great exercise as well and really starts the burn in your abs.  A-Frame Ab Twists takes it further.  Then A-Frame w/ Knee.  I do have to take some breaks.  My abs aren't strong enough to do so continuously.  Then you finish it up by holding the C-Sit Position.

After a small break, I move on to Single Leg Raises.  The hardest part about this workout is to do these exercises while my hands are in front of my glutes.  That takes a lot of core strength.  After another short break, I then do Leg Raises with both legs.  Another tough part about this exercise is when I raise my legs, it is to keep it straight.  I end up bending mine slightly.

Plank exercises are next.  I start off with High Plank Alt Knee (x2), then Low Plank Alt Knees.  The final exercise is Pulse Tucks Low and High.  By this time, I'm having a hard time maintaining a straight back because my core is worn out.  I finish the whole thing off with another group of stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment