Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Insanity Brief Look: Pure Cardio

I will be looking at each Insanity workout and give my opinions on each of them.

Today I finished the Pure Cardio workout, so that's a good place to start while it's still fresh in my head.  First impression?  Pure Cardio is tough.  The others are tough too, but Pure Cardio is tough.  I actually didn't do the Pure Cardio workout last week (it was the one workout I missed due to being sick).  The Fit Test, which I thought was pretty tough when I did it, is like the mini version of Pure Cardio.

A simple way to describe Pure Cardio would be to take a bit from each of the other workouts this past two weeks and put it together, but forget to add the breaks.  Yup, after the warm-up stretch, until the end, there are no breaks.  You are constantly running in place, jumping, kicking, push ups, etc.  Then you rinse and repeat.  Shaun T in the video tells you to take a short water break if you need it, but the video continues on.

Like every other Insanity workout, prepare to sweat buckets.  The nice thing for me about this workout was that because I'm constantly moving, I switched to cruise control near the last third or so and it almost felt easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment