Monday, September 27, 2010

Insanity - First Month Recap and Goal Restatement

I finished my first half of the workout and start the Recovery Week today.  This seemed like as good a time as any to recap the first month of Insanity and to restate my goals.

Insanity workout seems to concentrate on explosive strength, quickness, and stamina, points that are needed in athleticism.  Core workout is emphasized in most workouts along with heavy leg workouts.  Calves and quad muscles are engaged nearly constantly and jumping and side to side motions adds support to this idea even more.
  • Due to the large amount of jumping motions and squats, I would not recommend Insanity for those that are significantly overweight or have knee problems.  I also would not recommend Insanity for those with back issues.
Upper body workouts are also present, but it seems almost like an afterthought.  Since Insanity doesn't require any equipments, all of the upper body workouts involves using body weight.  Even then, it does still provide a good workout, although at times, it seems like just another way of using your core.
  • As of yet, I would not suggest Insanity for those that are trying to bulk up.  I would expect some upper body muscle mass loss for those that regularly work out with heavy weights.  
I have noticed that my stamina has skyrocketed compared to when I first started the workout.  It's actually quite amazing when I think back on it.  But at the same time, I feel that my lack of physical shape in the beginning hampered me from taking full advantage of Insanity. 
  • I would recommend Insanity for those that are looking to increase their cardiovascular strength.  My results shows me that even if you were not in the best of shape when you started, you do improve leaps and bounds.
-------------------------

As for my goals:
My main goal is still to increase my cardio strength and increase overall fitness.  I believe that this would allow me to push myself better for future workouts.  My secondary goal is to lower my body fat percentage.

----------------------

Looking at the future:
Since I do have the deluxe package, I will now replace all Cardio Abs in the 2nd month with Insane Abs as well as Core Cardio and Balance with Max Interval Sports Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment