Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Insanity Workout - Day 23

Yup.  Making sure that you start off the workout well hydrated makes a world of difference.  Unlike yesterday, I got a great workout today.  I'm really liking this workout.  The first two weeks were a hassle.  I really didn't want to do any workout, I didn't like the "pain" of physical exertion, I didn't like how I had to keep to a schedule.  In short, it was like a chore.  Now, I'm looking forward to the next exercise.  I like to see the physical changes the workout brings and I feel that I have more energy now.  Those endorphins must be getting to me.

I did the Cardio Power & Resistance today and really pushed myself.  I know I added pull ups to the last CPR workout, but I may have to rethink that.  Now that it takes a lot more to wear me out, by the time I get to the tricep workouts, I actually have the energy to really go all out.  My triceps gets really worn out.  I tried to do pull ups afterwards and all I could manage were reps of 1.

I would say, for those that wants to add pull ups to Insanity, look at the schedule and add the pull ups to a workout several days before or after CPR.  In fact, I would go so far as to say, if you do 2 CPR workouts in a week, don't do any pull ups that week.  You need to take the time to let your triceps heal.

Beachbody hit this workout off nicely.  I recently found a good video from Beachbody that has Shaun T explaining Insanity and who it's designed for, how it's different, etc...  I'm trying to get permission from Beachbody to put the video on this blog so that others can take a look at it and see if that's what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment