Saturday, October 9, 2010

Insanity Workout - Day 40

Ha! 40 days in, 23 more to go.

First, I woke up today with my obliques really sore.  My obliques hasn't been sore for any of the previous workouts.  I'm not sure which one it was during the Max Recover, but I'm loving it.

I did Max Interval Circuit for the first time today.  I know it should have been my second time through, but it couldn't be helped.  I'm actually satisfied at my performance today.  It's a pleasant change considering the fact that I was pretty disappointed in my previous performances for the past week.  This isn't to say that I went through the whole workout without resting...  I rested enough.  But I think I did pretty well for the first 2/3 of the workout and really only tapped out on the last set of intervals.

Max Interval Circuit shares the same warm up as Max Interval Plyo.  On the whole, the warm up isn't too bad except for the jumping segment.  I pushed myself really hard and it paid off.  For the previous workouts since I've started on the second month, I ran out of energy during the first third of the workout.  I ran bone dry empty and couldn't work out properly afterwards.  I've tried to tweak it nutritionally.  It's really the only thing I could do.  I increased my carb intake.  An advice here... now is NOT the time to be cutting your carbs.  I increased my overall caloric intake.  I increased my water intake.  Some paid off, other not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment